Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Mathias Bonnard <ma...@euroclid.fr> on 2000/06/07 14:14:41 UTC

XPath interpreter

Hello,

As we organise training courses regularly on XML and XSLT, we had a need
for a graphical XPath interpreter.

For that, we used the ApplyXPath sample to develop a Xpath interactive
interpreter. It is just a Java Interface that shows the DOM structure of
a document, that allows you to execute a Xpath expression applied to
that document and see the result in terms of selected nodes or result
(whenever it is not a nodeset). You can also select a node to make it
the current node.

I think it is quite handy and is a great tool to help you understand
XPath (but maybe usch a tool already exists...)

The syntax is :

java XPathInterpreter <xml file>

The java source and a property file is attached to this message. It
needs xalan.jar, xerces.jar and xalansamples.jat to compile.

P.S : I'm not a Java expert so if interested feel free to modify it.

--
Mathias Bonnard
Ad-él : mathias.bonnard@euroclid.fr