Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/04/11 17:40:54 UTC

Security Group bug impeding system VMs functionality

Hello,

I'm on 4.3 right now, CentOS6.5 + KVM and SG ADV zone.
What happens is that after a reboot or after disabling a zone, when the
system VMs come back the iptables rules required for their proper
functioning do not get set.
It seems to be happening randomly and it may not be affecting both VMs
(S and V) at the same time.

More info:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/93567/72307041/
sg log: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/93564/23056713/

The problem always goes away if I stop/start the system VMs; the
required iptables rules get created, eg:
-A s-105-VM -m physdev --physdev-in vnet3 --physdev-is-bridged -j
RETURN
-A s-105-VM -m physdev --physdev-in vnet2 --physdev-is-bridged -j
RETURN
-A s-105-VM -m physdev --physdev-in vnet1 --physdev-is-bridged -j
RETURN
-A s-105-VM -j ACCEPT
-A v-106-VM -m physdev --physdev-in vnet6 --physdev-is-bridged -j
RETURN
-A v-106-VM -m physdev --physdev-in vnet5 --physdev-is-bridged -j
RETURN
-A v-106-VM -j ACCEPT

If someone could have a look at this it'd be great. Let me know if more
info is needed.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Security Group bug impeding system VMs functionality

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 17.04.2014 09:19, Jayapal Reddy Uradi wrote:
> Hi Nux,
>
> Can you please upload the logs.
> Please add steps to try for reproducing.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal

Jayapal,

I can't seem to replicate this any more, not sure what were the
conditions when it happened, though I was doing nothing fancy.
I'll keep playing around with it and if I hit it again I'll get back to
you with logs and more info.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi Nux,

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.