Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jeff Nelson <jt...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/08 13:17:32 UTC

More information about reuse-objects option

Can someone provide some documentation or more information about the
*reuse-objects* option that was recently introduced for the Java compiler?

I understand that it can potentially improve performance by reducing the
amount of GC that happens, but the description of the change in the ticket
says that it "is up to caller to make sure that read data will fit" so I'm
not sure if enabling this flag is a drop-in sort of thing where I wouldn't
need to make any code changes to accommodate.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: More information about reuse-objects option

Posted by Jeff Nelson <jt...@gmail.com>.
anyone?