Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 13:52:48 UTC

How to display video (mp4)?

Has anyone got mp4 video outputting successfully within a page? In T5.4 or
T5.3.

What did you use in the template? I'd like to use HTML5 like the following,
but I'd settle for using the object or embed tag if I could get them to
work...

<video width="320" height="240">

<source src="${myVideoUrl}" type="video/mp4"/>

Your browser does not support the video tag.

</video>

What content type did you use? I've tried "video/mp4" and
"application/octet-stream".

The problem I'm seeing in T5.4 alpha 22 with the <source> tag is that the
request is issued, Tapestry returns a 200 with the right sized content (and
the header specifies "Content-Length"), but then the client issues the
request again (with Range: bytes=40- ) which the page responds to but
Chrome records as canceled and the video box remains black.

I haven't tried T5.3, but I'd be keen to hear from anyone who's got this
working 5.3 or 5.4.

Geoff

Re: How to display video (mp4)?

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
It works in Safari on OS X!
It doesn't work in Chrome on OS X (as described earlier)!
Strange, since they're both based on webkit. Safari version is 6.0.5,
Chrome is 30.0.1599.101. Maybe it's something to do with the video codec
because I've found a video that has sound and Chrome plays the sound OK.
I guess this is no longer a Tapestry question?