Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Juan Carlos Buitrago <jc...@cyte.co> on 2019/06/28 14:15:00 UTC

basic questions about JAMES

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of planning a simple SMTP app to add
footers and scan for keywords in all outgoing company email. I've read
some of the documentation and it looks like this can be done setting
up JAMES as an SMTP relay and a couple of mailets to add footers and
scan for keywords.

I've seen that there is no updated version of James HA. So my question
is, What happens to mail being processed when calling a programmed
shutdown? What happens to mail on an abrupt restart? Does it stay in
the queue until the server restarts?

Since the app is simple, I'm planning to just run multiple instances
balanced by some external balancer. Is there any problem with this
approach?

Lastly, Can JAMES use other MQ products or does it have to use ActiveMQ?

Sincerely,
Juan Carlos