Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by 苏奕嘉 <59...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/22 09:47:52 UTC

[Discuss]Modify Dockerfile default JDK version

Hi all,
In the past practice process, I found that whether it is a developer or a community user, the JDK version is still mostly 1.8.0. In our Docker compiled image, the default JDK-11 version is adopted. Not paying attention to the JDK version problem often leads to taking time to compile, but getting a binary file with an incorrect JDK version, so I want to change the default JDK version of Doris's Docker compiled image to JDK-1.8.0.

--

此致!Best Regards
苏奕嘉 Yijia Su

Email:
suyijia@selectdb.com

Re: [Discuss]Modify Dockerfile default JDK version

Posted by GuoLei Yi <yi...@gmail.com>.
I think, we should rethink about this problem.

Since most of doris's developers and users are Chinese developer or
company.  A lot of them are using jdk8.

In this report, there are about 46% users are using jdk 8. Maybe there is
more than 50% in china.

[image: image.png]

I think we should  keep using use jdk 8 in order to be compatible with most
of users.

zhg yang <ya...@gmail.com> 于2022年6月23日周四 10:33写道:

--
祝您心情愉快

衣国垒
Tsing Hua University
Tel:134-3991-0228
Email:yiguolei@gmail.com

Re: [Discuss]Modify Dockerfile default JDK version

Posted by zhg yang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zhg yang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re:[Discuss]Modify Dockerfile default JDK version

Posted by Jianliang Qi <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jianliang Qi

Posted by 41108453 <41...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1

From: 陈明雨 <morningman@163.com&gt;
Date: Wed,Jun 22,2022 11:36 PM
To: dev <dev@doris.apache.org&gt;
Subject: Re: Re:[Discuss]Modify Dockerfile default JDK version

Agreed!

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
morningman@apache.org

At 2022-06-22 17:47:52, "苏奕嘉" <591244617@qq.com.INVALID&gt; wrote:
&gt;Hi all,
&gt;In the past practice process, I found that whether it is a developer or a community user, the JDK version is still mostly 1.8.0. In our Docker compiled image, the default JDK-11 version is adopted. Not paying attention to the JDK version problem often leads to taking time to compile, but getting a binary file with an incorrect JDK version, so I want to change the default JDK version of Doris's Docker compiled image to JDK-1.8.0.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;--
&gt;
&gt;此致!Best Regards
&gt;苏奕嘉 Yijia Su
&gt;
&gt;Email:
&gt;suyijia@selectdb.com

Re:[Discuss]Modify Dockerfile default JDK version

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Agreed!

--

此致!Best Regards