Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Manfred Bergmann <mb...@software-by-mabe.com> on 2016/11/21 10:32:18 UTC

Kendo UI - treeview in borderlayout

Hi.

I'm currently getting into Kendo UI.
I've setup a page with a basic BorderLayout, pretty much a master/detail
view.

In the master view I'd like to put an Kendo UI AjaxTreeView component.
Because the tree can be quite deep and I want to lazily expand and load the
tree as needed.
I've added the tree component as a <div/>, as in the example.
For the model I'm just using three 3 root nodes.
Pretty straight forward.
But for some reason it doesn't render correctly. The borderlayout get's
screwed up where the horizontal areas are listed vertically.
And there is a JavaScript error:
main;jsessionid=1uynkuymym2pn1owov5b7xer07?0:21 Uncaught TypeError:
jQuery(...).kendoTreeView is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous>

Any idea what the problem might be?

Then, all the Kendo UI examples I have seen initialize the page components
in the page constructor.
I am used to do this in the onInitialize method, because I thought that's
what it is for.
I assume it doesn't matter much technically, but why the constructor?

Cheers,
Manfred

Re: Kendo UI - treeview in borderlayout

Posted by Manfred Bergmann <mb...@software-by-mabe.com>.
Sebastien wrote
> Then, all the Kendo UI examples I have seen initialize the page components
> in the page constructor.
> I am used to do this in the onInitialize method, because I thought that's
> what it is for.
> I assume it doesn't matter much technically, but why the constructor?
>
> From the #onInitialize javadoc:
> This method is meant to be used as an alternative to initialize
> components.
> Usually the component's constructor is used for this task, but sometimes a
> component cannot be initialized in isolation, it may need to access its
> parent component or its markup in order to fully initialize

I'm wondering if this has changed. Last time I worked a lot in Wicket was
with version 1.5.
Anyhow, thanks for clarifying.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Then, all the Kendo UI examples I have seen initialize the page components
in the page constructor.
I am used to do this in the onInitialize method, because I thought that's
what it is for.
I assume it doesn't matter much technically, but why the constructor?

From the #onInitialize javadoc:

Posted by Manfred Bergmann <mb...@software-by-mabe.com>.
Thanks, adding the commercial resource solved the problem.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manfred,