Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Matthew Wickline <wi...@kids.wustl.edu> on 2003/04/03 18:01:34 UTC

BUG [in docs] mailing list subscription does not actually indicate list post address

http://perl.apache.org/maillist/email-etiquette.html
 > Posting to the list is just sending a message to the
 > address which you will be given after you subscribe.

The above should either be updated, or the welcome message should be
updated. I've just subscribed to the digest version, and the welcome
message didn't actually indicate the list post address. Assuming the
usual conventions apply, I assume I'm sending to the correct address.

Someone new to mailing lists might not be able to guess correctly.

-matt
(who is soon unsubscribing. Thanks for your time :)