Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jh...@emc.com on 2007/05/19 16:15:54 UTC

Am I hitting a bug?

Hi group,

I have a document with the following DOCTYPE def:

<!DOCTYPE abc:document SYSTEM "abcdtd_v03_09.dtd">

When I call BaseMarkupSerializer.startDTD("abc:document", null, "
c:\\abcdtd_v03_09.dtd"), it strips off the prefix and just writes
"document" as the root tag name.
Am I hitting a known bug or I am missing something?
Is there some workaround like turning on some feature?

Please advise.
Regards,
Ravi Ranjan Jha

Re: Am I hitting a bug?

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Ravi,

That looks like a bug, though I wouldn't count on it being fixed any time
soon. The SAX parts of Xerces' native serializer were never really
maintained and are now deprecated [1] along with the rest of the
org.apache.xml.serialize package. If you don't have a particular reason to
use it, I would encourage you to use JAXP (see TransformerHandler [2])
instead.

Thanks.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-general.html#faq-6
[2]