Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2017/06/11 02:40:26 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.11
(HBase-1.1.11RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.11RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1170/

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file
http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=d318fbeef0990e53efb313c1a459cce73ed4edb8

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.10 has been
published for your review, at
https://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.10_1.1.11RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.11 is the eleventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes nearly 20 bug fixes
since the 1.1.10 release. Notable correctness fixes include
HBASE-17937, HBASE-18036, HBASE-18081, HBASE-18093, HBASE-16011, and
HBASE-18066.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12340375
and and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Let's leave this vote up an extra couple days since HBaseCon is this week.
Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Sunday, 2017-06-18 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.1.11.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Checked sums and signatures: ok
Built from source: ok (7u80)
RAT check passes: ok (7u80)
Unit test suite passes: ok (7u80)
Loaded 1M rows with ltt: ok (8u131)

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
Teller (via Peter Watts)

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Signature ok
Built from src and looks good
UT pass
Started a single node cluster and run some commands from shell. Looks ok

Loaded  1GB data and some random reads . Looks ok

-Anoop-

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1

- verified tarballs vs public key on people.apache.org.
- extracted bin tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - with jdk1.8.0_65:
    - run LoadTestTool against standalone bin tgz with FAST_DIFF block
encoder and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good.
    - poked around webUI. looks good.
  - load the site, browsed book.
- extracted src tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - run LoadTestTool against standalone built from src tgz with FAST_DIFF
block encoder and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good.
  - poked around webUI. looks good.
- ran the hbase-downstreamer project vs. the staged maven repository. tests
pass.