Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Costa Basil <co...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/06/12 02:50:39 UTC

Shale 1.0.3 - init() method not called on ViewController bean

Hi:

I have a request backing bean class that extends AbstractViewController and overrides the init() method. I noticed the init method is not called, however the preprocess and prerender methods are called.

Is this normal? I am using Shale 1.0.3 which begs the next question:

How hard is to upgrade to Shale 1.0.4, that is am I to expect lots of issues? I have a big application I am reluctant to upgrade. I am using only the core, remoting and the validation modules.

Thanks

Re: Shale 1.0.3 - init() method not called on ViewController bean

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Costa,

Their is an introduced bug in 1.0.4. See
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-409

I am using 1.0.4 because SCXML dialogs are needed.

Paul Spencer