Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Amrun <Am...@gmx.at> on 2004/05/03 23:52:17 UTC

altering index

Hi,

I'm working on a project to search for documents on the web. Everything
works fine, but I want to restrict the availability of the documents. When
the user gives it's document to get indexed he can choose a date at which
the document's availability should expire. So I need a field or something
like that in which I can save the date of expiration. Over this field I want
to alter the index.
I hope I haven't explained my problem to unclear. So, does anybody know any
methods to do this or how I can alter my index the best way?

Would be great,
thx Amrûn

New Sorting Classes

Posted by Rasik Pandey <ra...@ajlsm.com>.
Hello,

I quickly had a look in the new sorting classes and didn't find any information regarding field sorting for "String" values based on a Locale. Should StringSortedHitQueue.java accept a Locale such that its ScoreDocLookupComparator.compare() method could sort the values properly for the Locale language. Or, did I overlook something?

Thanks,
RBP

Re: altering index

Posted by Stephane James Vaucher <va...@cirano.qc.ca>.
Two points if I understand your question:

1) Search scope:
Add your date of expiration in the index and restrict searches on that
date. You can use a date filter, or a ranged query in a field with the
date in a yyyyMMdd format.

2) Document management scope:
When the date expires, you might want to schedule for the document to be
removed from the index.

HTH,
sv