Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/25 10:00:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] inAppBrowser plugin release

On latest release of inAppBrowser plugin the loadstart event stopped
working on android.
It has been fixed on the 1.2.1-dev.
Should we release it?

I think loadstart is very important and a lot of apps rely on it for
closing the window.

Re: [DISCUSS] inAppBrowser plugin release

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
Nobody is blaming you, this things happen, you didn't see that code and
nobody saw it was missing on the review (or nobody reviewed).

We should add tests for this.

loadstart is really important, it's used for auth or payment gateways (and
probably other uses), where you usually have to provide a "return url" when
the auth or the payment it's ok. As cordova apps are not websites and you
can't use a "return url", users redirect to a fake "ok" url, so when the
loadstart detects that it's the "ok" url it closes and the app knows that
it was ok

I'm not sure about what docs page do you talk about
I can see the events documented on
https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser, that is linked
on http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/cordova/plugins/pluginapis.html

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
I've implemented unit tests for plugin core functionality and events (see PR [1]) and reported new bugs below. There is only one bad issue on Android which leads to InAppBrowser window hang (CB-10456, CB-6702), a few issues on Windows; iOS is doing well. I'm going to address them tomorrow so propose to wait one more day and do another plugin release.

CB-10456 InAppBrowser hangs if I close it programmatically on Android
CB-6702 InAppBrowser hangs when opening more than one instance
CB-10454 InAppBrowser: 'loaderror' event does not have code and message on Windows
CB-10452 InAppBrowser: 'exit' event is not triggered on Windows
CB-10451 InAppBrowser: loadstart event is not triggered on Windows
CB-10450 InAppBrowser: Unable to get property 'canGoBack' of undefined on Windows

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/142

-Sergey

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Does anyone have any reason to delay InAppBrowser 1.2.1. patch release?
If not, I will start the release tomorrow.

To be released:

General:
    CB-10428 Fix syntax error when browserifying inAppBrowser plugin
Android:
    CB-10407 InAppBrowser not firing loadstart event on android
    CB-6702 InAppBrowser hangs when opening more than one instance
    CB-10456 InAppBrowser is not closed if I close it programmatically on Android
Windows:
    CB-10454 InAppBrowser: 'loaderror' event does not have code and message on Windows
    CB-10452 InAppBrowser: 'exit' event is not triggered on Windows
    CB-10451 InAppBrowser: loadstart event is not triggered on Windows
    CB-10450 InAppBrowser: Unable to get property 'canGoBack' of undefined on Windows

-Sergey
JFYI  - I've addressed new issues found, could someone review PRs please.

CB-10456 InAppBrowser is not closed if I close it programmatically on Android
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/143/files?w=1

CB-6702 InAppBrowser hangs when opening more than one instance on Android
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/144/files?w=1

InAppBrowser bugfixing on Windows: CB-10451, CB-10452, CB-10454
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/145/files?w=1

-Sergey

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Thank you Steve - cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@1.2.1 has been published to npm.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Gave you permission!

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.
Looks like there is another regression w.r.t. browserify workflow CB-10428 for Cordova-inappbrowser.

And this one for cordova-plugin-file: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-10419

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 Lets do it!