Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Tousif <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/11 11:59:55 UTC

Only map getting created for 100000 rows

I would like to know what configuration causes mapreduce to have only one
map while input split of 10000 and lines per map of 1000 are set in job
configuration.

Its a 2 node cluster and i tried scan with startRow and endRow.

I want to have atleast 2 maps, one on each machine.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21697055/what-causes-mapreduce-job-to-create-only-one-map-for-100000-rows-in-hbase
--

Regards
Tousif Khazi

Re: Only map getting created for 100000 rows

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
Do you have just one region for this table?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Tousif,

You will have one map per region.

What is your table format for now? How many regions? How many CFs, etc.?

JM