Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Abdullah Zahur <az...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/14 01:29:50 UTC

ApacheDS 1.5

I downloaded the apacheds from downloads, version 1.5.1. When through the
setup and all and then tried to start the directory server
 with the following command
>bin\apacheds -c ../conf/apachdeds.conf     (I think that is the right
syntax) but I get the following error

D:\Program Files\Apache Directory Server\bin>apacheds -c
../conf/apacheds.conf
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename, directory
name,
or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename, directory
name,
or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)
jvm 1    |      at
org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory.getLogger(Log4jLoggerFactor
y.java:73)
jvm 1    |      at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:103)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.<clinit>(Bootstrappe
r.java:57)
jvm 1    | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
jvm 1    |      at sun.net.www.ParseUtil.decode(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown
Sour
ce)
jvm 1    |      at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown
Sour
ce)
jvm 1    |      at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyCon
figurator.java:433)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(O
ptionConverter.java:470)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:122)
jvm 1    |      ... 3 more
jvm 1    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | There were 1 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than 300
sec
onds.  Giving up.
wrapper  |   There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

D:\Program Files\Apache Directory Server\bin>

I remember I did not use to have this problem with earlier with the same
version of apacheds.

Also, Is there is a way to downlaod the latest version of the code, which
does not include the xbean stuff. If that is the only source that can be
downloaded then can someone tell me how to start the kerberos service and
the keyDerivation service

thanks

Re: ApacheDS 1.5

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abdullah,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Abdullah Zahur <az...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks,
> that worked... it seems like there were two Services installed
> 1) apacheds (default service)
> 2) apacheds (%INSTANCE%)
>
> uninstalling and then removing the rouge service and then reinstalling
> worked....
>
> 3 question now
> 1) Is their anyway I can run the apacheds 1.5.1 through command prompt
> the following command still gives the error that I mentioned in the original
> message
>
>>apacheds -c ../conf/apacheds.conf

There is a shell script named apacheds.sh (somewhere in apacheds,
don't remember exactly where it is). It uses maven, but it launches
the server from the command line.

> 2) Is there some documentation, so that if we download the latest source
> from "trunk-with-dependencies" that we can configure the server.xml to start
> the differenet services. I am more interested in starting the kerberos
> service, but its not very clear how to configure them in the xbean
> configuration... and well I dont know a lot about xbean stuff either

Not so simple... We really need to improve the documentation in this
area, that's for sure ...

> 3) is there a way to start the server directly from eclipse so that you can
> step through the code
> thanks

Yeah, sure : the entry point is the Main in UberMain.java class (in
apacheds/installers, AFAIR)

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com