Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@apache.org> on 2003/01/16 03:00:13 UTC

top-level project?

Hi all,

There is a Board meeting next Wednesday. I know there has been interest
in the past about James becoming a top-level project. Should you wish to
pursue that, then next week's board meeting could be ideal.

To establish the top-level project, the Board would need a resolution
similar to the other project-establishing resolutions (see the November
Board minutes for examples; Avalon and Ant were created then). The
resolution would need to include a Chair and a list of initial PMC
members.

PMC members "should" be equal to the active committers. The Chair can be
anybody that you feel would be constructive, whether a committer or not.
(generally, they should be an ASF member, but that isn't strictly
necessary)

I'll watch the mailing list when I can for questions, and/or you can just
email me if you have any.

Cheers,
-g

--
gstein@apache.org ... ASF Chairman ... http://www.apache.org/

RE: top-level project?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Greg,

Thanks for the heads up, we can be ready for then, we've got the Avalon resolution to hack, and a covering letter to the board. We've decided (by lazy concensus) on an incusive PMC. All that remains then is to elect the chair, so far we've had one un-contentious nomination, which could work to our advantage time-wise.

Unfortunately for us none of the active commiters are Members, but I guess we can cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

d.