Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jean-Louis BOUDART <je...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/02 22:03:53 UTC

EasyAnt 0.4 beta 1 Release

The EasyAnt project is pleased to announce its 0.4-beta-1 version.

Easyant is a toolbox focusing on easing project build processes.
It's based on Apache Ant and Apache Ivy, and allows for maximum
flexibily, improved integration in existing build systems and provides
conventions and guidelines.

This version focus on :

   - multi project support ( related to
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-742 )
   - a first version of Easyant Module Documentation generation (refer to
   http://easyant.abrm.info/trac/ticket/9 ).
   - a documentation module "a la XDoc"
   - a source module (that allow you to create a package containing project
   sources)
   - support of file attribute in property tag in module ivy (ie. allow us
   to use a syntax similar to the ant one <property file="myPropertyFile"/>)
   - refactoring <use> / <extends> tasks names to be compliant with ant

I would like to thanks ant-dev team (in particular Stefan Bodewig)  for
their interest on EasyAnt.
<use> / <extends> concept is now integrated in ant-core

This concept is related to import mechanism in ant.
What we call <use> has been renamed in <include> in ant
What we call <extends> is like the current <import> in ant

For recall, as the project is still in an early phase, easyant plugins are
still unstable and can move on next releases.

Issues should be reported to:
http://easyant.abrm.info/trac/

Retrieve sources from the 0.3-beta-1 release files at:
http://easyant.abrm.info/svn/tags/easyant-0.4-beta-1

Or download the 0.4-beta-1 release files at:
http://easyant.abrm.info/trac/downloader

More information can be found on the Easyant website:
http://easyant.abrm.info/

Regards,
Jean Louis Boudart