Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/03/05 20:42:42 UTC

RE: Custom billing Application using CloudStack API

Hi Juan,

We (ShapeBlue) have done a number of projects involving billing integration with Cloud Portal Business Manager so we would certainly have insights into how this can be achieved. Perhaps you should get in touch with us off-list

Regards

Paul Angus
Cloud Architect
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com

Posted by Juan Gomez <ju...@kumo.com.co>.
Hi Adrian

I have the same concerns about the Hostbill solution as you do, What about Zuora ? Has anybody try them does their solution has a good integration with cloudstack?
De: Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>>
Responder a: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Fecha: jueves, 6 de marzo de 2014 11:22 a.m.
Para: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>>

Hi Juan,

My experience is merely a case of looking on the Hostbill website I'm
afraid. I have a feeling that the solution may be subject to some
limitations - I'm not sure how it handles resources that aren't originally
provisioned by the Hostbill interface, and there's a noticeable lack of
info on provisioning and billing for VPCs and advanced networking but
perhaps not an issue for you. The demos I've seen seem to be focussed on
using Cloudstack as a basic VPS hosting platform. Unfortunately that's
about the extent of the insight I can offer. Search for "Hostbill
Cloudstack" and you'll find a few demos with screenshots on their site.

If anyone has looked into this in greater detail, I too would be keen to
hear about your experiences.

Adrian

De: Adrian Lewis
<ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>>
Fecha: jueves, 6 de marzo de 2014 8:57 a.m.
Para: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>"
<us...@cloudstack.apache.org>>

Not sure of the quality or its applicability to what you're doing but
Hostbill have recently updated their Cloudstack integration to work with
the usage data for a more utility-like way of billing.

De: ilya musayev
<il...@gmail.com><mailto:
ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>>>
Responder a:
"users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org><mailto:us
ers@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>>"
<us...@cloudstack.apache.org><mailto:us
ers@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>>>
Fecha: miércoles, 5 de marzo de 2014 5:58 p.m.
Para:
"users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org><mailto:us
ers@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>>"
<us...@cloudstack.apache.org><mailto:us
ers@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>>>

We've used Amysta for CloudStack Billing Solution. Easy to integrate,
flexible and affordable.

I've done a demo here. Fast forward to 10:45 (this is an older version,
newer is obviously better) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuEPoxVlBM

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014, Paul Angus
<pa...@shapeblue.com><mailto:paul.ang

paul.angus@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com><mailto:paul.angu
[...]

**NEW!** CloudStack 4.2.1 training<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
18th-19th February 2014, Brazil. Classroom<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
17th-23rd March 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
24th-28th March 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<

De: Adrian Lewis
<ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>>

De: ilya musayev
<il...@gmail.com><mailto:
ers@cloudstack.apache.org>"
<us...@cloudstack.apache.org><mailto:us
ers@cloudstack.apache.org>>

[...]

Posted by pr...@assistanz.com.
Hi,

  Assistanz networks developing billing for cloudstack. It will release
project this month.

Regards,
Prakash.M

Re: Custom billing Application using CloudStack API

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
I was avoiding the convo and looking forward to the Denver talk, but since HB was directly mentioned...

We use Hostbill…opinions are mixed, mostly because they encrypt the php code so we can’t easily modify things. We are not yet using the metered billing functionality.

Hostbill’s management are engineers with little business sense, and unfortunately frequently rub customers the wrong way, as a result customers have created their own forums[1] I think when hb shut down the ones they used to run. They’re quick to respond, the the product is constantly gaining new functionality, so there are a lot of positives about the product.

Actually, browsing around, I see they charge new customers for the CS module now…sigh.

What I’d say is if you’re looking to run a clean/simple public IaaS and need a customer control panel/billing solution, consider HB. If you expect to need more functionality than on their CS page [2], at some point it’ll be better to build in-house.

I’d love to see a solid open-source replacement for things like WHMCS/Hostbill, but this is one of those areas where companies tend to build in-house.

John
1:http://hostbillforums.com/
2:http://hostbillapp.com/features/apps/cloudstack.html

Posted by Juan Gomez <ju...@kumo.com.co>.

De: Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>>
Responder a: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Fecha: jueves, 6 de marzo de 2014 8:57 a.m.
Para: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>>

De: ilya musayev
<il...@gmail.com>>

Posted by Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>.

De: ilya musayev
<il...@gmail.com>>

Posted by Juan Gomez <ju...@kumo.com.co>.
Thank you all for your help, this user list is great.

De: ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>>
Responder a: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Fecha: miércoles, 5 de marzo de 2014 5:58 p.m.
Para: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>>