Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ivan Furdi <if...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/12 14:38:48 UTC

_returnMessageContext is being set to null

Hi,

can someone help me figure this one out?

When calling generated client stub, _returnMessageContext is set to
null, and next command throws null pointer exception.

When executing through debugger, everything works fine.

org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext _returnMessageContext =
_operationClient.getMessageContext(org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE);
org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPEnvelope _returnEnv =
_returnMessageContext.getEnvelope();

Can someone tell me why is this happening?

Thx,
Ivan

Re: _returnMessageContext is being set to null

Posted by Kishanthan Thangarajah <ks...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Ivan Furdi <if...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can someone help me figure this one out?
>
> When calling generated client stub, _returnMessageContext is set to null,
> and next command throws null pointer exception.
>
> When executing through debugger, everything works fine.

One possible reason may be that you are invoking using the client in
an asynchronous manner (ie non-blocking). As you said, this is where it
works when debugging.

Thanks,
Kishanthan.