Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Arvid Ephraim Picciani <ae...@ibcsolutions.de> on 2008/03/20 21:08:57 UTC

no SPF check when claiming to be localy sent

so i got these fake error messages http://rafb.net/p/yESmY248.html
it claims to be sent by noreply@ibcsolutions.de.
SPF would reveal that 59.103.12.204 isn't us.  (looks like a dialup in
pakistan to me) but sa doesn't seem to check the SPF at all. any idea why?
--
best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Arvid Ephraim Picciani

Re: no SPF check when claiming to be localy sent

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Arvid Ephraim Picciani wrote:
> so i got these fake error messages http://rafb.net/p/yESmY248.html
> it claims to be sent by noreply@ibcsolutions.de.
> SPF would reveal that 59.103.12.204 isn't us.  (looks like a dialup in
> pakistan to me) but sa doesn't seem to check the SPF at all. any idea why?

Hmm... do you have Mail::SPF or Mail::SPF::Query installed?

What does  samir.ibcsolutions.de resolve to on your spamassassin system?
Is it a private, or otherwise RFC reserved IP?

have you declared your trusted_networks manually?  have you declared
internal_networks manually?