Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Upendra Yadav <up...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/17 08:03:52 UTC

dfs.namenode.replication.min can set by client while reading/writing hdfs files

Hi,

Can I set dfs.namenode.replication.min on client side?
or
It can only be set on namenode?

Is there any docs available that separates configs that we can use in:
1. namenode
2. datanode
3. hdfs client (for read and write hadoop files)

Re: dfs.namenode.replication.min can set by client while reading/writing hdfs files

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
It’s a system wide setting.

Yes it is configurable. No it is general a bad idea to change it for
anything other than 1.  Hadoop has not been properly tested with this value
set to 2 or above.

We really should update the description of this config and say “no, you
really don’t want to change it”

Upendra Yadav <up...@gmail.com>於 2020年7月17日 週五,上午1:04寫道: