Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com> on 2004/02/20 09:54:10 UTC

new SpamAssassin committer: Michael Parker

Okay, welcome Michael Parker as a new SVN committer to the SpamAssassin
Project.  :-)

root@apache.org: Michael has already signed and submitted a CLA which we
believe is already recorded.  I'll forward his account request in another
message.

Vote was under Message-ID <16...@proton.pathname.com>
on <sp...@incubator.apache.org>.  (I'm honestly not sure
where the archive is located.)

Michael, please check out http://incubator.apache.org/ especially the
stuff under the "Home" and "Learn" tabs.  And http://www.apache.org/ is
also a good resource and I'd point out the documents under the
"Foundation" heading in the sidebar.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/    and open source consulting

The PPMC list (was: new SpamAssassin committer: Michael Parker)

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Friday 20 February 2004 10:31 CET Sander Striker wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 09:54, Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> > Vote was under Message-ID
> > <16...@proton.pathname.com> on
> > <sp...@incubator.apache.org>.  (I'm honestly not sure where
> > the archive is located.)
>
> The archive is located on minotaur.  You need ssh access for that
> (*sigh*, another shell dependency).

Hmmm... I am subscribed to the PPMC list (since 31.12.2003) but never ever
received a message. Sander, could you (or somebody else) check what's wrong
there? (And how exactly can one read the archives? ;-)

Oh, and welcome Michael :)

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>

Re: new SpamAssassin committer: Michael Parker

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 09:54, Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> Okay, welcome Michael Parker as a new SVN committer to the SpamAssassin
> Project.  :-)
>
> root@apache.org: Michael has already signed and submitted a CLA which we
> believe is already recorded.  I'll forward his account request in another
> message.
>
> Vote was under Message-ID <16...@proton.pathname.com>
> on <sp...@incubator.apache.org>.  (I'm honestly not sure
> where the archive is located.)

The archive is located on minotaur.  You need ssh access for that
(*sigh*, another shell dependency).

For root it doesn't matter what the vote is.  The link is optional
and strictly there for convenience of the PMC.  As in, if the
PMC thinks it doesn't need the link, it can just omit it.
For the community the only thing that really matters is that a
new committer was voted in

> Michael, please check out http://incubator.apache.org/ especially the
> stuff under the "Home" and "Learn" tabs.  And http://www.apache.org/ is
> also a good resource and I'd point out the documents under the
> "Foundation" heading in the sidebar.

http://www.apache.org/dev/ is also useful.

Sander