Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@arsmachina.com.br> on 2010/01/30 12:22:50 UTC

[VOTE] Remove some members of PMC that aren't active anymore

Apache Software Foundation sent a message about some members of Tapestry's
PMC that are listed in committee-info.txt but but not listed in
tapestry-pmc in asf-authorization: dsolis freemant glongman mindbridge
pferraro rlewisshell tsvetelin

We should try to contact these people. If they don't answer in, say, 5
days, we set up a vote for removing them from PMC.

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: [VOTE] Remove some members of PMC that aren't active anymore

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:28:11 -0300, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:

> Thiago,

Hi!

> you have initiated that vote and the 5 days are long past. What's the
> outcome? Do we need another, clearer phrased vote?

I consider the vote failed and we need a clearer phrased vote.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Thiago,

you have initiated that vote and the 5 days are long past. What's the outcome? Do we need another,
clearer phrased vote?

Uli

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I like the plan. But I'm taking one step back ...

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> Let's just contact them and immediately run the vote (open for 5 days)...
> Those interested in staying, will simply veto...
>
> Any volunteers for sending the emails to them?
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 02:37, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 19:35:52 -0200, Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I thought we were voting on the initiative to cull PMC members if they
>>> don't respond to an email asking if they are active.
>>>
>>> if(vote_passes){
>>>   contactPMCMembers(thoseListedInCommitteeButNotASF);
>>>   sleep(five_days);
>>>   startNewVoteToRemove(thoseWhoDidNotRespond);
>>> }
>>
>> Thanks for clarifying the vote, Daniel! My original message wasn't very
>> clear about this.
>>
>> --
>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
>> instructor
>> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
>> Informação Ltda.
>> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove some members of PMC that aren't active anymore

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'll vote +1 to the pseudo code then!

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 19:35:52 -0200, Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought we were voting on the initiative to cull PMC members if they
>> don't respond to an email asking if they are active.
>>
>> if(vote_passes){
>>   contactPMCMembers(thoseListedInCommitteeButNotASF);
>>   sleep(five_days);
>>   startNewVoteToRemove(thoseWhoDidNotRespond);
>> }
>
> Thanks for clarifying the vote, Daniel! My original message wasn't very
> clear about this.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
> Informação Ltda.
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove some members of PMC that aren't active anymore

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
-0:  I think a straight up vote to remove these people is appropriate.
If they are still monitoring the list and feel active, they have the
right to veto the vote. If they are not monitoring the list, or are
not active, they will be retired from the PMC roster.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel jue +1
>
> On Jan 30, 2010 6:23 AM, "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <
> thiago@arsmachina.com.br> wrote:
>
> Apache Software Foundation sent a message about some members of Tapestry's
> PMC that are listed in committee-info.txt but but not listed in tapestry-pmc
> in asf-authorization: dsolis freemant glongman mindbridge pferraro
> rlewisshell tsvetelin
>
> We should try to contact these people. If they don't answer in, say, 5 days,
> we set up a vote for removing them from PMC.
>
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding).
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
> Informação Ltda.
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove some members of PMC that aren't active anymore