Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu> on 2012/12/20 20:02:27 UTC

0.3 RC1

Sources posted here: http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.3rc1/
Java binaries here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-061/

Note that there are the following known issues:
  - perl binding tarball has been omitted as the release script didn't work
(still installable via cmake)
  - intermittent issues with java driver (java messenger tests are
currently skipped)
  - java messenger connection leak

The above issues are fairly isolated, so I put out the RC anyways so they
wouldn't block testing of other areas.

--Rafael

Re: Updating versions (was: 0.3 RC1)

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 03:56:54PM -0500, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > Not difficult, no. We just have to pass it through a similar filter as
> > would be done when using autoconf. For development purposes the version
> > doesn't matter, just when we're creating those artifacts.
> >
> > So we could change release.sh to take the version number that's passed
> > in and use it, though that's duplicating what's in the root
> > CMakeLists.txt already. It just needs to be something we don't have to
> > pass into the build system for packaging, for example.
> >

> I think if we were to consolidate it into one place we'd pick a file in svn
> and have both release.sh and CMakeLists.txt pull it out of there and nix
> the release.sh parameter. That way the svn number encoded in the release
> will always point to a source tree that builds with the correct version.

+1 That sounds good to me.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Re: Updating versions (was: 0.3 RC1)

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Re: 0.3 RC1

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Rafi,

If you are spinning another RC please include [1] ?
It's done to ensure we close tcp connections.
Please see [2] for details.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1425124&view=rev
[2] https://reviews.apache.org/r/7934/diff/3/?file=236677#file236677line108

Rajith