Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net> on 2007/09/24 20:36:42 UTC

unable to build Felix from clean repository

Hi, me again :)

there's been an unfortunate side-effect of adding the OBR plugin to the
bundle life-cycle...

   maven-bundle-plugin has a dependency on maven-obr-plugin
   maven-obr-plugin has a dependency on bundlerepository
   bundlerepository has packaging bundle
      ... which needs maven-bundle-plugin to build :(

I have a solution that I've tested locally:

   create a new sub-project called 'org.osgi.service.obr' and move
bundlerepository/src/main/java/org/osgi/service/obr/*.java to it
   - org.osgi.service.obr will be a standard Jar containing the OSGi OBR
service API

   add 'org.osgi.service.obr' as a dependency to bundlerepository and
maven-obr-plugin (it replaces the bundlerepository dependency)

   replace the 'org.osgi.core' dependency in maven-obr-plugin with
org.osgi:osgi_R4_core (ie. the non-bundle artifact from central)

   add 'org.osgi.service.obr' to the plugin build phase

and trunk can once again build from scratch

so any comments - should I open a JIRA issue for this, or go ahead and
commit my changes?

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: unable to build Felix from clean repository

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
I guess it sounds reasonable to me.

-> richard