Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Denis V. Kirpichenkov" <de...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/23 19:04:03 UTC

Connection TTL

Hello!

I'm using Artemis as an embedded server, so I want to disable all
connection ttl checking. To do so I set connection ttl to -1 for Client
Connection Factory. But from time to time I got messages like these in log

647236 [WARN] client: AMQ212037: Connection failure has been detected:
AMQ119014: Did not receive data from invm:0 within the -1ms connection
TTL. The connection will now be closed. [code=CONNECTION_TIMEDOUT]
647256 [ERROR] ClientSessionImpl:
ActiveMQUnBlockedException[errorType=UNBLOCKED message=AMQ119016:
Connection failure detected. Unblocking a blocking call that will never
get a response]
org.apache.activemq.artemis.api.core.ActiveMQUnBlockedException:
AMQ119016: Connection failure detected. Unblocking a blocking call that
will never get a response
     at
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.protocol.core.impl.ChannelImpl.sendBlocking(ChannelImpl.java:409)
~[artemis-core-client-2.1.0.1.jar:2.1.0.1]
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
[surefire-booter-2.18.1.jar:2.18.1]
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)
[surefire-booter-2.18.1.jar:2.18.1]
Caused by:
org.apache.activemq.artemis.api.core.ActiveMQNotConnectedException:
AMQ119006: Channel disconnected
     at
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.client.impl.ClientSessionFactoryImpl.connectionDestroyed(ClientSessionFactoryImpl.java:353)
~[artemis-core-client-2.1.0.1.jar:2.1.0.1]

I made some research and found
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.remoting.server.impl.RemotingServiceImpl.FailureCheckAndFlushThread.
It looks like RemotingServiceImpl has it's own connection ttl and check
interval. And in the end I didn't find any relation between client's
connection ttl and RemotingServiceImpl's connection ttl.

So, can I somehow disable connection checking on server? What are these
ttl settings (client and server), that seem irrelevant, exactly for?

Maybe I'm wrong and this is something different, completely not related
to ttl checking?

Thanks,

Denis

Re: Connection TTL

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
Did you try the latest release and see if this is fixed?

Howard