Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jorge Quiroga <jq...@pctltda.com> on 2006/02/14 20:04:14 UTC

[NEWB] JasperReports with Tapestry

Hello:

I wanna know how to show a JasperReport based on DB data with Tapestry.
I read and try to extract and use the Dmitri Gusev component, but I'm
confused with how generate the JRDatasource from the component or how to
give it from my application. Someones knows how to show a JasperReport
into Tapestry  application easily (if exists an easy way)?

Thanks in advance

JQ

Re: [NEWB] JasperReports with Tapestry

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
There is nothing tapestry specific in the dealing with JasperReport, do that as JR documentation suggests and then simply stream result back to browser, the way of straing back depends on report output format:PDF, HTML, etc.

Jorge Quiroga <jq...@pctltda.com> wrote: Hello:

I wanna know how to show a JasperReport based on DB data with Tapestry.
I read and try to extract and use the Dmitri Gusev component, but I'm
confused with how generate the JRDatasource from the component or how to
give it from my application. Someones knows how to show a JasperReport
into Tapestry  application easily (if exists an easy way)?

Thanks in advance

JQ

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)