Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Les Woolsey <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/16 19:37:25 UTC

How to install the latest build on Windows?

The latest release of the Flex SDK has a bug in it which breaks my app. I'd
like to test the fix but haven't been able to.  Can someone tell me how to
install the latest build of the SDK onto a Windows system?  The regular
install doesn't allow for that and all the instructions I can find online
are for Linux or Mac so they aren't much help.

I did try simply expanding the zip file from the latest build over top of my
current 14.0 install but that seemed to break a bunch of things.  Would it
work to just extract the swc files and overwrite the ones in the 14.0
install?

Les

Les Woolsey

Innovative Consulting Solutions

 <http://leswoolsey.wix.com/start> http://leswoolsey.wix.com/start

T: +1 613-739-9922

M: +1 613-852-1526

Re: How to install the latest build on Windows?

Posted by LesGWoolsey <le...@gmail.com>.
I tried using the installer but it only lists Air 24 Beta. I tried
Right-clicking and selected show dev builds but it still only shows Air 24
Beta - not Air 25 Beta.

Unfortunately it seems I need Air 25 in order to run under the IOS simulator
on the Mac.

Since I couldn't use the installer, I made a duplicate of a working SDK
folder and copies all the AIR25 stuff into it.  When I try to add that to
Flex Builder, it says there is no SDK in the directory.

Re: How to install the latest build on Windows?

Posted by Subs <su...@leeburrows.com>.
..if so, open it and right-click - there's an option there to include
dev builds in the selection

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: How to install the latest build on Windows?

Posted by Subs <su...@leeburrows.com>.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: How to install the latest build on Windows?

Posted by LesGWoolsey <le...@gmail.com>.
OK. I found the answer. You have to use the cp command in Terminal. Just
dragging from the Finder doesn't work.