Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@uol.com.br> on 2008/10/07 21:52:12 UTC

Call the server from a javascript function

I need to call the server side from a javascript (generated by a
component) function. Kind of Link/AjaxLink onClick, but instead of have
it attached to a DOM event, I need to generate the javascript function
that does the job.

Could you point me out how I could do it?

Adriano

Re: Call the server from a javascript function

Posted by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@uol.com.br>.
jWeekend escreveu:
> Adriano,
>
> Create the AbstractAjaxBehaiour you want, call getCallbackUrk() on it and
> use the returned URL as a parameter to wicketAjaxGet in the JavaScript
> you're generating.
Thanks, Cemal. I'm now able to go further.

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Adriano,

Create the AbstractAjaxBehaiour you want, call getCallbackUrk() on it and
use the returned URL as a parameter to wicketAjaxGet in the JavaScript
you're generating.

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Tue, 07 Oct 2008, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
> I need to call the server side from a javascript (generated by a
> component) function. Kind of Link/AjaxLink onClick, but instead of have
> it attached to a DOM event, I need to generate the javascript function
> that does the job.

E.g.

  myComponent.add(new AjaxEventBehavior("onblur") {
      @Override
      public void onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
          doStuff();
      }
  });

Read up on Wicket ajax, and check out the ajax examples in
wicket-examples.

Best wishes,
Timo

--