Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Lacki <je...@rahul.net> on 2006/01/14 17:33:00 UTC

[users@httpd] configure internal server error to automatically email me

Hello-

Ive been using apache for a few years, but nothing too deep.
I havent been able to find if this is possible, Id like the
server to send me an email if it encounters an
"Internal Server Error" screen due to a script problem etc.

Is this possible?  Any pointers/links appreciated.

Thanks
PS Using 2.0.55 w/PHP

Re: [users@httpd] configure internal server error to automatically email me

Posted by ht...@karsites.net.
I was reading up yesterday on something that may be your
answer Jeff. Using the ErrorDocument core directive may do
the trick.

ErrorDocument 500 /scripts/int_err500.php

Where /scripts/ is a directory in the apache ServerRoot, and
int_err500.php is a php script you write that will output a
message you define to the user's browser, and also email the
error message to yourself, wherever you want it to be sent
to. eg localhost or even another domain anywhere on the net.

The error message to the user needs to be a complete html
page, with all the necessary tags.

I've not implemented this yet, but according to what I have
been reading this should work ok.

HTH

Keith