Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2014/04/15 16:09:57 UTC

OODT filemgr tests

Hi guys,

Both the Apache Build server and my local test suite shows loads of
failures for the Filemgr component. Are these true failures or related
to my setup?

(Just trying to find the source of all these issues)

Cheers

Tom

--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director

meteorite bi
*T:* +44 20 8133 3730
*W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
*A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

Re: OODT filemgr tests

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,
As I said, I do not have a laptop right now to work on the code directly
but I know what is wrong here.
Take TestDataSourceCatalog [0] which currently has around 6 or so failing
tests.
In line 64 of [0] we attempt to assert
{code}
if(System.getProperty("overrideProperties") == null){
{code}
If this property is null then we load in the filemgr.properties [1] and set
system properties for the JDBC connection, hsqldb jdbcDriver class, etc.
If on the other hyand, this assertion is !null, we skip to line 112
and enforce System.getProperty("overrideProperties")));
This however seems buggy, as by default filemgr.properties [1] sets the
JDBC connection to 'some_jdbc_url', the JDBC class name to '
driver.class.name', etc... these are clearly incorrect values.

I propose to maintain a dedicated filemrg.properties for filemgr tests
ONLY. This will be in addition to the already established file at [1]. The
new test file should reside and be loaded for tests from [2].

I'm going to make it a priority to fix these test cases as I really don't
think it is too much work. I'll start if I can this coming week.

Thanks

[0]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/oodt/trunk/filemgr/src/test/org/apache/oodt/cas/filemgr/catalog/TestDataSourceCatalog.java?view=markup
[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/oodt/trunk/filemgr/src/main/resources/filemgr.properties?view=markup
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/oodt/trunk/filemgr/src/testdata/

Re: OODT filemgr tests

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Yeah, I went back to the last working CI build and tried to figure out
what broke it, there was a bunch of changes regarding the S3 connector
for the filemgr, but I never figured out what broke it.

Its annoying though cause its clearly been broken for a while, and for
those of us trying to get a clean platform to make changes off, you
don't know what works/doesn't work because a bunch of tests are just
left broken.

Vent over :)

I'll figure it out one day when I get time.

Tom

On 25/04/14 23:02, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> I've had this message in my inbox for ages and been meaning to reply so
> apologies about that.
> The Jenkins Ubuntu build would indicate that there are some 38 issues with
> filemgr components.
> The positive observation is that these seem to be related to /path/to/file
> type errors/failures which is slightly more promising.
> The other module which fails is pushpull which again is /path/to/file
> related.
> I don't even have a laptop right now so can;t work on them but when I do
> I'll have a good crack.
> I think Scotland will be an independant country before we get these tests
> fixed ;)
>
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Both the Apache Build server and my local test suite shows loads of
>> failures for the Filemgr component. Are these true failures or related to
>> my setup?
>>
>> (Just trying to find the source of all these issues)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> --
>> *Tom Barber* | Technical Director
>>
>> meteorite bi
>> *T:* +44 20 8133 3730
>> *W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
>> *A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director

meteorite bi
*T:* +44 20 8133 3730
*W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
*A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

Re: OODT filemgr tests

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Re: OODT filemgr tests

Posted by "Ramirez, Paul M (398J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Tom,

Sorry, I forget what OS you are running on and which version of maven are
you using. At one point there were issues with building under maven 3 and
I've locally been using maven 2.

Thanks,
Pual