Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Cook, Graham" <gr...@cgey.com> on 2002/12/04 15:43:48 UTC

calling ACTION from SEARCH button, results displayed in new windo w

How do you go about calling an action from a SEARCH button on a JSP, and
passing in one of the JSP fields to the action in order to bring up a popup
window with data related to the field on the JSP. eg. like part of a name
that you want to search on?

" This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use
this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message ".

Re: calling ACTION from SEARCH button, results displayed in new windo w

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ge...@regens.hu>.
2002. december 4. 15:43 dátummal Cook, Graham ezt írtad:
> How do you go about calling an action from a SEARCH button on a JSP, and
> passing in one of the JSP fields to the action in order to bring up a popup
> window with data related to the field on the JSP. eg. like part of a name
> that you want to search on?

I might be misunderstandig you, but I think that you are trying to solve the
wrong problem.

In your search action check if the input was valid, and in case not you
present a new page to the user on which she can choose the correct value.

If you insist on popup page, you have to solve it w/ javasript. In the js you
provide the parameters to the uri you call.

Hth,

Tib