Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Jeff Blattman <Je...@Sun.COM> on 2006/05/12 18:10:44 UTC

svn.apache.org down?

are other folks having trouble, or is it my network here?

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/roller/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/roller/trunk': could not connect
to server (https://svn.apache.org)

Re: svn.apache.org down?

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.
An excerpt from an apache infrastructure mailing list...

"""
We've been having a heck of a day in infrastructure land, as you may
have noticed if you tried to access the Subversion repository or any
of the web sites...

Early this morning (PDT) minotaur, the machine that hosts
svn.apache.org, the ASF web sites, people.apache.org, and various
other things, kernel paniced.  After it was brought back up there was
some odd behavior observed, random programs aborting, stuff like that.

As a result, we decided to take some action before bringing all
services back online.  The data stored on the machine has been backed
up, both to ajax (the european backup server) and to helios, another
machine in the same datacenter as minotaur.  We've also run 'svnadmin
verify' on the repositories, both on the backup copies and on minotaur
itself, to confirm that whatever is wrong with minotaur has had no ill
effects.  We also ran memtest86 tests on minotaur, and have found no
sign of memory failure, which was our primary fear.
"""

So yes, they are having problems.

-Elias