Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Ebbert <Sk...@web.de> on 2004/02/12 19:18:11 UTC

customizing the properties in maven.xml

Hi,

how can I set properties, that can normally be found in the project.properties file, dynamically? The background of the question is, that I would like to build to ejb archives, but with different ejb-jar.xml files in it.

The project_xxx.xml files are all in the same directory, so they share the same project.properties file, which makes it unusable for that purpose. Specifically, the maven.ejb.src has to be set in the maven-ejb-plugin. What I tried so far is to use the j:set element in the maven.xml file, but I could not really find the documentation on how to use that, and where it should be placed correctly.

Is this documented somewhere? If yes, I'd be happy to get a pointer to the documentation. If not, could you please explain to me how to do it, or which information you need from me to understand my problem better?

Thanks a lot,
Andreas