Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Fenech Martin <Ma...@rhul.ac.uk> on 2003/12/10 12:39:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 extremely slow

Hi,
	I upgraded apache 1.3 to apache 2.0.48 on a unix server (solaris
2.5.1) and amended the httpd.conf file. After the upgrade, the main page is
taking extremely long to load if it does load at all!! I've checked the conf
file and can't find anything which might be the reason off this.
	Anyone has got an idea of what this might be?

Thanks
Martin

Department of Psychology
Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham
Surrey
TW20 OEX
ENGLAND

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 extremely slow

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Fenech Martin wrote:
> 	I upgraded apache 1.3 to apache 2.0.48 on a unix server (solaris
> 2.5.1) and amended the httpd.conf file. After the upgrade, the main page
> is taking extremely long to load if it does load at all!! I've checked
> the conf file and can't find anything which might be the reason off
> this.
> 	Anyone has got an idea of what this might be?

You'll need to do more diagnostic work.  For example:

1. What does the error log say?

2. Exactly what is the "main page"?  Have you tried loading individual
files and see what is causing the slowdown?

3. What mpm are you using?

4. Do you have "HostnameLookups Off"?

Joshua.