Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hansjörg Meuschel <hj...@gmx.de> on 2005/11/10 10:07:04 UTC

datalist component - problem when iterating components with facet inside!?

Hi,
I've a problem with the datalist component:

The Code:
<t:dataList value="#{projectBenefitBean.data11}" var="benefit">
   <x:popup ...>
     <h:outputText value=#{benefit.description}"/>
      <f:facet name="popup">
             <h:outputText value="#{benefit.description}" />
       </f:facet>
   </x:popup>
</t:dataList>

The Problem:
All variables used inside the facet seem to stay on the first value of
the iterated list.
The means for the above shown example:
- the first benefit.description shows all the items correctly
- the second description (inside the facet) shows the first item only.
- using the h:datatable - h:column component instead works fine.

What's wrong here, does anybody know? I've already done some experiments
with EL foreach - without success.
Does anybody have a workarround for that issue?

Thank you...
Hans

Re: datalist component - problem when iterating components with facet inside!?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Can you open a JIRA issue with this?

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Hansjörg Meuschel <hj...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
I just opened a bug report in the JIRA for this issue.
Thanks for your replies - in my case I can't use the datatable component
because of the layout (I need iterated items in a horizonatal line) ...
Regards,
Hans

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

------------------------------
 Hansjörg Meuschel
 Martin-Treu-Str. 40
 90403 Nürnberg
 Tel.   +49 (0)911 274 278 1
 mobil: +49 (1)60 725 3479
 mail:  hjmeu@gmx.de
 http://www.meuschel.net

Re: datalist component - problem when iterating components with facet inside!?

Posted by Hansjörg Meuschel <hj...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
I'm using the myfaces implementation ...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

------------------------------
 Hansjörg Meuschel
 Martin-Treu-Str. 40
 90403 Nürnberg
 Tel.   +49 (0)911 274 278 1
 mobil: +49 (1)60 725 3479
 mail:  hjmeu@gmx.de
 http://www.meuschel.net

Re: datalist component - problem when iterating components with facet inside!?

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hansjörg Meuschel <hj...@gmx.de>.
Yea thats it...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

 Hansjörg Meuschel
 Martin-Treu-Str. 40
 90403 Nürnberg
 Tel.   +49 (0)911 274 278 1
 mobil: +49 (1)60 725 3479
 mail:  hjmeu@gmx.de
 http://www.meuschel.net

RE: datalist component - problem when iterating components with facet inside!?