Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Charles Yates <cy...@lanelib.stanford.edu> on 2001/12/14 00:31:27 UTC

ExcaliburComponentManager question

Hello,
    Is an ExcaliburComponentManager that has a LogKitManager supposed to
automatically set the logger of components?  The documentation seems to
suggest this, but it is not working for me.  I'm not sure if it is not
happening because I've got things set up incorrectly, or because I must
explicitly set the logger.  My components extend AbstractLogEnabled and
their <component> elements contain a logger attribute.  The component
and logger instances are being created, but myComponent.getLogger()
returns null. Thanks for any help.

Charles