Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by venu madhav <ve...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/03 05:59:59 UTC

ActiveMQ cve vulnerabilities seen in latest version

Hi Team,

We are using OWASP Dependency-Check to scan for vulnerabilities in our
project.
Even when we use the latest version of activemq-kahadb-store jar (5.15.9
version) we see some vulnerabilities such as *CVE-2018-11775
<http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2018-11775>* ,
*CVE-2016-3088
<http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2016-3088> *which
ideally should be fixed in the latest release as per mentioned in the link:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/classic/security

Can you please check and tell if the issue is not fixed or NVD database is
still showing the vulnerability even if the issue is fixed.

Attached the dependency check report when executed by adding the following
dependencies in pom.xml :

     <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
    <version>5.15.9</version>
    <artifactId>activemq-kahadb-store</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
    <version>5.15.9</version>
    <artifactId>activemq-broker</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
    <version>5.15.9</version>
    <artifactId>activemq-client</artifactId>
    </dependency>

Thanks and Regards,
Venu B

Re: ActiveMQ cve vulnerabilities seen in latest version

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
It certainly sounds like OWASP Dependency-Check didn't mark the 2018 CVE as
resolved, which implies that there's a good chance that the same is true
for the 2016 CVE.

For you to be sure of that, I think you'd need to find the JIRA issues
under which we resolved each CVE, look at the code changes that were made,
and then confirm that the 5.15.9 branch in Git has not lost the changes.

Tim

Posted by venu madhav <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,