Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Toby Chamberlain <ch...@ohsu.edu> on 2004/12/04 01:18:56 UTC

svn 1.1.1 on Solaris

Does anyone have any tips or gotchas I can pass on to my UNIX guy before
we put up an install of 1.1.1 on Solaris 9 (hint: everybody's new to
CVS/subversion)?

I downloaded a tarball from
http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/unix/src/misc/.warix/subversion-1.1.1.tar.gz.html

thanks,
Toby

Re: svn 1.1.1 on Solaris

Posted by anton <an...@nezzwerk.com>.
Toby Chamberlain wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips or gotchas I can pass on to my UNIX guy before
> we put up an install of 1.1.1 on Solaris 9 (hint: everybody's new to
> CVS/subversion)?
>
> I downloaded a tarball from
> http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/unix/src/misc/.warix/subversion-1.1.1.tar.gz.html

i had all sorts of problems compiling it and running it under solaris 8
(see some of my threads this week). YMMV, of course. if possible, stick
to pre-built packages (blastwave.org), especially since you have to get
all the GNU tools anyway.

--
anton

Re: svn 1.1.1 on Solaris

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 05:18:56PM -0800, Toby Chamberlain wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips or gotchas I can pass on to my UNIX guy before
> we put up an install of 1.1.1 on Solaris 9 (hint: everybody's new to
> CVS/subversion)?

My only tip is that svn expects a GNU environment.  So autoconf, automake,
m4, gcc 3, etc.  It's a real pain if you don't already have it setup.

I ended up using the following on my Solaris boxes, if it helps:

./configure --enable-all-static --without-berkeley-db \
        --without-apache --without-apxs --disable-mod-activation \
        --disable-shared

I didn't need SSL or BDB at the moment, etc, so just disabling it all
worked pretty well. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Best effort" is one of those phrases that doesn't mean what it means...