Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Fabio Rinaldi <ri...@ifi.unizh.ch> on 2004/08/11 17:01:06 UTC

XML and broken external links, known issue?

Hi,

this is just to report on another minor problem. If I enable xml
links (in skinconf.xml, I changed the value of 'disable-xml-link' from
true to false), then during creation of the site I get a number of
error reports on broken links that I do not get otherwise. However,
the site seems to be generated correctly anyway.

Apparently, all "external-refs" (as declared in site.xml) are reported
as broken under this  condition. If I disable again the xml links,
then also the error reports disappear.

I do not see why the external links should cause this problem: am I
misunderstanding something? Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Fabio

Re: XML and broken external links, known issue?

Posted by Fabio Rinaldi <ri...@ifi.unizh.ch>.
Dave Brondsema writes:
 > > this is just to report on another minor problem. If I enable xml
 > > links (in skinconf.xml, I changed the value of 'disable-xml-link' from
 > > true to false), then during creation of the site I get a number of
 > > error reports on broken links that I do not get otherwise. However,
 > > the site seems to be generated correctly anyway.
 >
 > Enabling xml links is not very common and so this is probably is a bug
 > we need to fix.  I am creating a bug report in our issue tracker.

a little correction:

On closer inspection I verified that it is not all external links: only
external links that are within files which are placed in a
subdirectory of xdocs.

I.e. if a file containing external links is
placed in the xdocs directory, the links are processed correctly.
If it is placed in a subdirectory, they are not.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming