Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Pradeep Kumar K <pr...@robosoftin.com> on 2002/07/06 09:54:43 UTC

Hanging problem

Hi All

The search application I developed  using is working very fine. But Some
time I used to see that after a lot of Searching process, the
application completely gets hanged and stops for ever.

What are the possible ways that occur in Lucene which makes  my search
application hang.

Can any body can clear my doubt .

Regards
Pradeep

Re: Hanging problem

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
My guess is that it is more likely that the problem is caused by a
buggy JVM than by (incorrect usage of) Lucene.
You can try adding logging to your code to see where things hang; you
can change the start and maximum heap size using java's command line
options; you can try the latest JVM (1.4.1 from Sun came out about 10
days ago); you can try using the debugger.  If this is a webapp you can
try using something like JMeter to simulate high query rates to
replicate the problem and debug things quicker.

Otis