Posted to dev@climate.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2014/03/26 18:34:17 UTC

Re: Report on OGC meeting (1/2)

Open climate workbench too
http://climate.apache.org

Also uses OODT in places

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Report on OGC meeting (1/2)

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr>.
Hello Greg and all

Le 26/03/14 13:39, Greg Reddin a écrit :
> Thanks! I didn't realize those were there (I knew about OODT, but
> didn't know it was climate-related).

I just created a JIRA task for a meteorological profile of metadata [1],
with links to the Open Climate Workbench and OODT projects. Could it be
a subject for a Google Summer of Code? I guess it is too late for 2014
but we could target 2015. However while I could help for the ISO-19115
side, we would need an other mentor for the WMO (World Meteorological
Organization) side of such task.

    Martin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SIS-170

Re: Report on OGC meeting (1/2)

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! I didn't realize those were there (I knew about OODT, but
didn't know it was climate-related).

Greg

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980)
<ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Open climate workbench too
> http://climate.apache.org
>
> Also uses OODT in places
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 26, 2014, at 1:31 PM, "Adam Estrada" <es...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would say that OODT is the ASF project that deals specifically with climate.

>>> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Martin,
>>>
>>> Do you (or anyone else) happen to know which other Apache project is
>>> related to climate? I'd be real interested in getting into that.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Greg