Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> on 2018/11/22 18:06:18 UTC

2.3.0 progress report

Hello everyone,

Special thanks to @flimzy, @eiri and @janl who have helped close a few
recent issues/PRs blocking the 2.3.0 release.

I am aggressively pushing towards 2.3.0 now, which means inactive PRs
that were tagged to merge for that release are being bumped out so as
to not delay this release any further.

The following issues remain open for the 2.3.0 release:

#1607: Replicator fails to authenticate to open db after cookie timeout
  PR, needs +1: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1619

#1746: ini-file admin users always cause auth cache miss
  PR, needs +1: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1755

#1579: Autocompaction never triggered in Couch v2.2
  Under active investigation

#1749: Update docs, fauxton refs
  This is always the very last thing to merge before we fork a release
  branch. The work is trivial.

The following will be removed from the 2.3.0 milestone in the next 24h
due to inactivity:

PR #1470: Fix calculation of external size for attachments
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1470

PR #1272: Record and expose last compaction time
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1272

Authors of the above (both non-US) have been notified directly on the
PR threads as well.

The following has been removed from the 2.3.0 milestone due to inactivity:

#1600 Sporadic errors on /_all_docs with Cookie auth and system databases

-Joan

Re: 2.3.0 progress report

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ma...@jan.io>.
*squee* good work everybody!

Cheers
Jan
—

Re: 2.3.0 progress report

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

#1772: Slow operation in couch_proc_manager

#1607: Replicator fails to authenticate to open db after cookie timeout
#1746: ini-file admin users always cause auth cache miss
#1764: Switch scripts to python3 (with associated work in the
       couchdb-pkg repo)

#1600 Sporadic errors on /_all_docs with Cookie auth and system databases

Re: 2.3.0 progress report

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi again everyone,

#1772: Slow operation in couch_proc_manager

#1607: Replicator fails to authenticate to open db after cookie timeout
#1746: ini-file admin users always cause auth cache miss
#1764: Switch scripts to python3 (with associated work in the
       couchdb-pkg repo)

#1600 Sporadic errors on /_all_docs with Cookie auth and system databases