Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Franz-Josef Herpers <fj...@wir-age.de> on 2004/02/04 16:17:15 UTC

Mismatch between XML-Schema API and Xerces Implentation

Hi,

I'm not sure if one should call the following a bug, but at least it
seems like a misdirection which costs me an hour of debugging time.

The interface org.apache.xerces.xs.XSModel of the XML-Schema API has a
convenience method getElementDeclaration(). The complete signature is:

public XSElementDeclaration getElementDeclaration(String namespace,
                                                      String name);

This means the first argument of the method should be the namespace and
the second one the name of the wanted element declaration.

But the implementation in package org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XSModelImpl
is the other way round:

public XSElementDeclaration getElementDeclaration(String name,
                                               String namespace)

Regards
Franz-Josef Herpers

Re: Mismatch between XML-Schema API and Xerces Implentation

Posted by Bob Foster <bo...@objfac.com>.
Sure looks like a bug to me.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/