Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jimmy <ji...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/18 01:38:34 UTC

JMS source and full file channel

I have JMS source and file channel with HDFS sink... so far works good

lets assume I hit channel capacity (for whatever reason e.g. HDFS down) and
channel stops accepting new messages from source....

JMS is going to pull a message from queue and will try to delivery to
channel, but cannot, it will rollback. Again, works...

Now if the channel is full for a while, am I going to see JMS pulling
messages from queue like crazy monkey just to roll them back few ms later
or is there some timeout-retry window e.g. "if JMS source cannot delivery 3
messages to channel, wait 30 seconds they retry again"

thank you

Re: JMS source and full file channel

Posted by Jimmy <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, this is very helpful