Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by ASHWIN Suresh <a....@sigmatel.net.ma> on 2003/11/22 21:47:10 UTC

new functionality in some of the commons classes

Hello all,

I am new to the list, and am here after my recent (and really exciting)
discovery of the existence of this whole treasure of day-to-day usage
code in the name of the Commons project.

I would like to propose/contribute some new functionality to some
of the classes (mostly simple stuff). Do let me know the procedure
for this. If there is a standard document which explains this,
which I missed, please give me a pointer to it.

Thanks,

Keep up the good work,
Ash

Re: new functionality in some of the commons classes

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Welcome! Here are some links to the information you seek:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/index.html

If you want to contribute something write a mail to this list explaining
what you'd like to do/contribute and optionally attach a patch. The
committers of the involved project will then review your ideas/patches.

I hope this helps.

On 22.11.2003 21:47:10 ASHWIN Suresh wrote:
> I am new to the list, and am here after my recent (and really exciting)
> discovery of the existence of this whole treasure of day-to-day usage
> code in the name of the Commons project.
>
> I would like to propose/contribute some new functionality to some
> of the classes (mostly simple stuff). Do let me know the procedure
> for this. If there is a standard document which explains this,
> which I missed, please give me a pointer to it.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: new functionality in some of the commons classes

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
there plenty of information available on the website (but it might not
be so easy to find). for example:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/volunteering.html