Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Jasmin Wason <jl...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2000/11/01 11:34:11 UTC

Xerces 1.2.1 documentation

I have downloaded Xerces-J-src.1.2.1.zip to get the latest version of
Xerces. I am having trouble reading the documentation that came in this
zip file, which is all in xml. Using IE5 to read this xml I get the
following error:

System does not support the specified encoding. Line 1, Position 28

<?xml encoding='US-ASCII'?>

Is this because my version of IE is too old or because there is
something missing from Xerces-J-src.1.2.1.zip? I know that the API
documentation is available online in html, I was just wondering how to
get the local copy to work.

Thanks,

Jasmin Wason

Re: Xerces 1.2.1 documentation

Posted by Jasmin Wason <jl...@ecs.soton.ac.uk>.
Thanks for the help Dane.

Maybe it would be a good idea for the documentation that comes with the
next version of xerces to be in html or in an xml format that can at
least be viewed with IE5.

Jasmin