Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Franck <ch...@dni.lu> on 2003/08/05 14:58:37 UTC

how to use just the CSS engine?

Hi,

I am especially interested in the CSS engine part of batik.
My intention is use it for (custom) CSS, non SVG purposes
(please dont kick! :).

So what I did so far is to create a new "CSS CSSEngine" instead of the
SVGCSSEngine, and I used a "CSS DOMImplementation" similar to
SVGDOMImplementation. This implementation gives me instances of
CSSStylableElement for classes outside the SVG-namespace ...

Despite all my efforts, its not working yet...
(All the CSSStyleDeclaration I can get from my ViewCSS are "null".)

While I keep working on it, a problem is that almost all my informations
come from reverse-engineering.

Please let me know if you can share some
a) general comments or advice about how to do it
b) links to other work based on the CSS engine

Many thanks,
Christian

--

Christian FRANCK (chris@dni.lu)
Ing.-Tech. in Applied Informatics

Digital Networks and Interfaces (DNI) s.à r.l.
19, rue A. Munchen
L-2172 Luxembourg
Luxembourg
EUROPE

WWW: http://www.dni.lu
Mail: contact@dni.lu
Phone: (+ 352) 26 25 80 13
FAX: (+ 352) 26 25 80 14

Re: how to use just the CSS engine?

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Christian,

Christian Franck wrote:

> I am especially interested in the CSS engine part of batik.
> My intention is use it for (custom) CSS, non SVG purposes
> (please dont kick! :).
>
> So what I did so far is to create a new "CSS CSSEngine" instead of the
> SVGCSSEngine, and I used a "CSS DOMImplementation" similar to
> SVGDOMImplementation. This implementation gives me instances of
> CSSStylableElement for classes outside the SVG-namespace ...
>
> Despite all my efforts, its not working yet...
> (All the CSSStyleDeclaration I can get from my ViewCSS are "null".)

    Sorry to be slow responding, the message kind of got lost
in a flood.  I'm guessing that you are missing the setup/running
of the CSSEngine.  In Batik this is done in the
batik.bridge.BridgeContext class.

> While I keep working on it, a problem is that almost all my informations
> come from reverse-engineering.
>
> Please let me know if you can share some
> a) general comments or advice about how to do it
> b) links to other work based on the CSS engine

     Sorry I can only provide a.