Posted to user@spark.apache.org by chirag lakhani <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 16:19:33 UTC

error with cdh 5 spark installation

I recently spun up an AWS cluster with cdh 5 using Cloudera Manager.  I am
trying to install spark and simply used the install command, as stated in
the CDH 5 documentation.

sudo apt-get install spark-core spark-master spark-worker spark-python

I get the following error

Setting up spark-master
(0.9.0+cdh5.0.1+33-1.cdh5.0.1.p0.25~precise-cdh5.0.1) ...
 * Starting Spark master (spark-master):
invoke-rc.d: initscript spark-master, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing spark-master (--configure):
 spark-master

Has anyone else encountered this?  Does anyone have any suggestions of what
to do about it?

Chirag

Re: error with cdh 5 spark installation

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Spark is already part of the distribution, and the core CDH5 parcel.
You shouldn't need extra steps unless you're doing something special.
It may be that this is the very cause of the error when trying to
install over the existing services.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hey Chirag,

Those init scripts are part of the Cloudera Spark package (they are
not in the Spark project itself) so you might try e-mailing their
support lists directly.

- Patrick