Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/11/13 21:55:38 UTC

Re: [Solr Wiki] Trivial Update of "UpdateCSV" by kristopolous

: The "UpdateCSV" page has been changed by kristopolous.
: The comment on this change is: grammar.
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

Did someone revert this change? ... i was going to (since the old version
was actually correct) but the wiki says the current version is still "13"
-- even though that diff URL still works, as does this one requesting to
explicitly display version #14...

  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV?action=recall&rev=14

...if someone did revert it, then why didn't an email get sent out? and if
no one reverted it (yet), then WTF happened to the edit?

: - Keep and index empty (zero length) field values.  This may be specified globally, or on a per-field basis.  The default is {{{keepEmpty=false}}}.
: + Keep an index empty (zero length) field values.  This may be specified globally, or on a per-field basis.  The default is {{{keepEmpty=false}}}.

-Hoss

Re: [Solr Wiki] Trivial Update of "UpdateCSV" by kristopolous

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Good question... I tried to revert it too when I first saw it.
: The live page actually showed the new edited version, but every time I
: tried to edit it, I got the old text.  Eventually, the live page
: showed the old version.  The history never showed the new edit AFAIK.
: Was going to bring it up, but got sidetracked by something else.

i don't know WTF is going on ... i just verified (using Solr1.5) that
reverting not only still triggers email notifications, but reverting still
leaves a history of the revert in the log (it doens't roll back the
version number, it rolls forward)

sigh.

-Hoss

Re: [Solr Wiki] Trivial Update of "UpdateCSV" by kristopolous

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Chris Hostetter
<ho...@fucit.org> wrote:

> : The "UpdateCSV" page has been changed by kristopolous.
> : The comment on this change is: grammar.
> : http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14
>
> Did someone revert this change? ... i was going to (since the old version
> was actually correct) but the wiki says the current version is still "13"
> -- even though that diff URL still works, as does this one requesting to
> explicitly display version #14...
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV?action=recall&rev=14
>
> ...if someone did revert it, then why didn't an email get sent out? and if
> no one reverted it (yet), then WTF happened to the edit?

Good question... I tried to revert it too when I first saw it.
The live page actually showed the new edited version, but every time I
tried to edit it, I got the old text.  Eventually, the live page
showed the old version.  The history never showed the new edit AFAIK.
Was going to bring it up, but got sidetracked by something else.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com